20 months of abdominal pain
It started small and has slowly gotten worse over the last couple years. The pain is worse when I eat, so I started eliminating foods (I'm down to only a dozen or so foods and I keep having to scratch even some of those off the safe list every so often. It's like my body just slowly loses a tolerance for them.) But even when I don't eat, the pain is there. It's a stabbing not only in my stomach but also on my right side (around where my gallbladder was; it was removed about 5 years ago). There is also extreme back and kidney pain along with chest pain. Over the last few months i've started developing headaches and sleeping problems. I now am physically incapable of falling asleep before 5am (i've tried every at home trick and over the counter med there is). The pain usually gets better on days when the temperature is colder, and last winter the pain went away almost completely. But this year it's only getting worse. And i'm no longer able to participate in day-to-day life.
The doctors have tried dozens of tests (ultrasounds, CT scans, x-rays, endoscopy, blood tests) and everything comes back normal. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of what this could be. Because, like I said, I can no longer participate in life (I'm a 21 yr old female and I'm trying to stay in college through all this, and that's not working).
Hi there, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. You need a second opinion. Go to an infectious disease doctor they test for everything. Also, seek out a good nutritionist. Bring all  tests you have had done and a list of problems you are still having. Don't give up! Keep going till they really hear you. That's not normal not to be able to eat.  I'm surprised your doctors have not suggested something else that may help you. I did not see that you have had a colonoscopy you may need  that to rule in or out different disorders. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.