Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
21 yo, high alkaline phosphatase level
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

21 yo, high alkaline phosphatase level

Hello,
I'm 21, healthy.. I exercise and I eat right. However, since thanksgiving (about four months ago) I started to burp after my meals.  I've never really been a "belcher" before, so I found it odd that I couldn't stop.   My burps can be compared to hiccups (and when I get hiccups it takes a while for them to go away!).  I'm at college, and this, and a overall weakness, dulling pain throughout my back, and a few panic attacks prompted me to finally get checked out.  (panic attacks meaning, I would wake up at night in a sweat and heart beating very very fast! As well as at random times in the day).

When I went to the doctor he checked out my tummy areas - my gallbladder and said he didn't see any problems, but he would take my blood anyways.  He also gave me some stuff for indigestion (which has not helped. my burps were not indigestion burps, they were just air.  ...the medicine seems to make me actually have indigestion...  ).  

So I got my blood results back on the phone yesterday and they said they want to seem me back for more tests, primarily regarding my Alkaline phosphatase level.  They said normal range was form 30-120ish and I have 164.  From my research, it seems kind of high for a young, healthy girl.  Needless to say, I'm a bit scared and am not really sure what to expect.  I'm not a fan of going to the doctor, getting my blood, etc.  I know I should have gotten these problems checked out sooner.  Its getting to the point that its affecting my studies.

As a side note, after Christmas I changed my diet a bit. I was vegetarian to begin with, but decided to go vegan as well and just stay on a really wholesome diet since I thought I might be getting these burps from certain foods.  (I read about a gall-bladder diet online).   Since then, I've felt great besides the problems at hand - I've had TONS of energy. But, it has not stopped the burps - I don't think it has very much to do with what I eat.  If anythign -they've been getting worse.  After I eat, a few hours after, when my stomach is completely empty- ALL THE TIME.  It seems like I burp atleast 200 times a day!   As far as other symptoms, Ive had a really really really bad pain in my back, on the left side behind my heart.  Just bad feelings in my stomach, intestines and the lower half of my rib cage.  Sometimes I wake up and just feel stuck - like my body parts need to be oiled like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz.