Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
21yrs old and constant headache for 13 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I've had constant headaches for almost 13 weeks now. It's not allergy, sinus, tension, stress or migraine. I did have 5 pinched nerves in my neck, but have been going to a chiropractor for the last two months who is fixing that. I've also noticed an increase in underarm sweating. And the last couple weeks, I've been getting lightheaded randomly. Like two days ago I was EXTREMELY lightheaded and could barely open my eyes. Yesterday I was fine, but today I was light headed again all day.
My headaches are honestly constant. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even if I try to ignore it at a party or something, I still feel it and know it's there constantly. Painkillers of any kind do not work. My doctor has prescribed me about 7 different things, and NONE of them help with the pain. It's mainly at the back of my head, near the crown, and rarely near my forehead. It's definitely worse when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes my vision is a little blurry when it's hurting extremely bad. Also, I feel like I have ADD! I can't concentrate on anything, and I have NEVER had this problem before.
I'm currently waiting on the neurologist to respond to my doctor's referral, but it's already been two weeks since I was referred to go there. My doctor has "no idea what would be causing" my headaches.

Please I need some help! I'm only 21 and shouldn't constantly be feeling like this. =( Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, aside from brain tumor or something? What else do you think it could be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have a headache almost daily, what you have is in all probability not a simple migraine but a chronic daily headache (CDH). This can be the primary type—without any cause. One simple reason for daily headaches with nausea is compression of cervical spinal nerves. Another reason is TMJ, especially if the headache starts with chewing. The third reason could be severe acidity with or without GERD. The CDH could also be secondary to trauma, raised intracranial hypertension, high blood pressure, temporal arteritis etc. If the headache lasts for less than 4 hours then it could be a chronic cluster headache or a chronic paroxysmal hemicranias. If it lasts for more than 4 hours it could be chronic tension headache, chronic migraine or altered migraine or hemicranias continua.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. You may need some tests for confirmed diagnosis which may include blood tests, MRI etc.
Hope this helps. Take care!
I'm just going to reply in a list and work through your response. Thanks so much, btw.
It's not almost daily--it IS daily. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There has not been a single break.
I don't have nausea at all.
I don't chewing or grind or do anything with my jaws.
Acidity...I haven't been having problems with an upset stomach or heartburn.
As far as I remember, I haven't had any trauma. haha ;)
I actually have LOW blood pressure. Something over 55 maybe? (My mom's family is known for that.)
It definitely last more than 4 hours. 13 weeks multiplied by 7 days a week, multiplied my 24 hours a day equals 2,184 hours of headaches.
My doctor has ruled out tension and migraine.

Is there anything else it could be?
Again, Thank You so much. I'm very appreciative of your effort.
you could have really bad mindgranes but if the painpills are not working, you might have a tumor or something else,when you feel dizzy and it is blurry you really need to sit and have a fan on you and drink plenty of water cause if it is something really bad you could pass out or even have seizure...brittany
Thanks, Brittany for taking the time to try and help me out.
My doctor said it was NOT migraines because I do not have sensitivity to light or sound, nor do I have nausea or vomiting when it really hurts. Also, migraine medicine or painpills do not get rid of the pain at all. So I don't think it's a migraine.

Once again, thanks a lot and I will definitely remember to try to have a fan on me next time I start feeling really bad.