3 day fever
My partner has experienced a fever that is lasting 3 days. The fever has broken several times but comes back. He has Irritable bowl syndrome. I doubt that is related to the fever, I figured it wouldn't hurt to include it. He's also experiencing joint aches all over his body. I'm anxious to see some comments, I am a bit worried.

You really should have him looked at by a doctor. 3 days is a long time to have a fever. It's possible it's just a really bad flu, but other infections can cause fevers too. If it gets any worse, take him to the ER.
He does need to be seen my a doctor - a fever that last three days could go along with a virus, however, when you say that the fever has broken several times, but always comes back, makes me think that there's possibly an infection going on rather than a virus.

How high has his fever been?  What makes it "break" - is it medication or does it come down on its own and then go back up?  Has it been around the same time of day or night when it "breaks" or when it comes back?  Any rashes?  Sore throat?  Diarrhea?  Vomiting?

Since it's now the weekend, and a long weekend to boot (Columbus Day), it's probably going to be difficult to get him in to see his regular doctor, so you may want to seriously consider taking him to the ER or at least a local Urgent Care facility.  The ER would probably be the best bet, however, as they will have the capability to take xrays, run blood tests, etc., that an urgent care facility probably wouldn't.

Keep us posted on how he's doing.
He's doing much better now. Oddest thing I've seen, he went from 102.7, at the highest then the fever broke 2 times and came back. It's gone now, I was really getting concerned.

Thanks for your reply
It probably wouldn't hurt for him to follow this up with a full panel of testing!

JPO
I'm glad to hear he's doing better, but you're right - it's probably a good idea to have him check in with his doctor anyway and get some bloodwork done to rule out anything serious and any lingering infections.  Usually when a fever breaks like that and comes back, it means some type of infection.  And with his fever having gone pretty high at 102.7, that also leads me to believe he had an infection of some sort going on rather than a virus (although some viruses can cause high fevers).

By all means, if he has any lingering joint pain, nauseas, vomiting, diarrhea, etc, he DEFINITELY needs to see his doctor for follow-up.

If the fever returns before he can get in touch with his doctor, please don't hesitate to take him to Urgent Care or the ER.

Best of luck to you both!