Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
3 to 5.30 AM uneasiness in head, palpitation, sudden gas, mild pain in ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

3 to 5.30 AM uneasiness in head, palpitation, sudden gas, mild pain in left arm, mild pain upper chest, uneasiness in stomach

In 1994 after  one beer later one peg whisky and some bad quality and spicy food, slept mid night.About 2am i was woken up with severe stomach ache. went for stools in indian style WC. When I got up thereafter tingling sensation in brain occurred, which was intermittently coming every few seconds for a few seconds each. went to bed and tried to sleep. But the intermittent tingling sensation in head continued. Immediately got ambulance and admitted in hospital. There I was among other drugs administered antacids, and after observing for 3 days, discharged. Tingling sensation stopped. Thereafter I got full all required examinations including CT scan done. i was declared fit by cardiologists, Neurologists, Gastroenterologists, MD, etc. But attacks of similar nature occurred  now and then. Gradually frequency of such attacks reduced. Ultimately I was diagnosed for anxiety neurosis and treated. Beyond one year of first attack the tingling sensation in brain became very rare at once or twice a year.  Those days even during day used to feel that some white ants are moving in a single line in arm. However milder attacks at 3 to 5.30 AM, uneasiness and mild numbness  in head, mild pain deep in head as if from back to front in the vessels in the head in 3-4 lines, palpitation, sudden gas collecting at the bottom, mild pain in left arm, mild pain upper chest, uneasiness in stomach as if it is isolated, some thing is happening to me beyond my control,  some times feel like going to the toilet,etc. And very rarely during day  for a few minutes, vision variation like transparent waves dancing in front of both eyes, especially to the sides and difficulty in reading due to dark patch directly in front, but side letters can be read. Homeopathy did help me 45 years back to a certain extent. Cant consult the same Doctor as we have moved from that town.
Now a days, after so many years, past one month, these early morning symptoms are happening every day/ alternate day.

Kindly help me know/ diagonise my problem.

1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You will be surprised to know that stomach ulcers and severe acidity can result in hunger pangs. Even GERD presents with similar symptoms. At times the hunger pangs due to acidity wakes up a person in the wee hours of night. Omeprazole is a good drug to combat this. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals and take frequent small ones. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for at least 2 hours after food. Take a late night snack and keep lozenges or crackers beside to bed to be eaten when the pain starts. The other possibility is diabetes, hyperthyroid states (T3, T4, TSH) and cardiac causes (EKG, TMT and ECHO).
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
I know this may sound crazy but it sounds like you have come down with some sort of bug disease. Here is a web site you can look at that may help you.

//medent.usyd.edu.au/travelbug/travel2.htm#flies

There are many diseases that parasites or insects can cause. These can be very hard to detect if they are not looked into with proper blood work. Hope this helps.