5 bruises and 6th one starting to come thru darker
my brother is 37 just got out hospital again 3 daysago with what they call tia (mini strokes) just tonight he noticed 5 bruises  around his waist section,there pretty big and dark. could you give me any clue to what this is?these come up out of nowhere tonight.he has not hit his stomach
Did he receive Lovenox injections (while in the hospital) in his stomach? Did they put him on blood thinners? How big are the bruises?
Did they inject him with lovenox during his hospital stay? If so this is pretty common bruising with this drug.
Hi.
Your brother is young for TIA,s. Have they said why he is getting them?
Was your brother given any anticoagulants? If so these could be causing the bruising.
Is your brother on long term, anticoagulation for his strokes?

Also i would ask your brother to be tested for APS,if he hasnt already been.
This is an auto-immune blood disorder, which causes bloodclots, strokes, etc..

This can be tested for with two simple bloodtests, the first being anticardiolipin antibodies, and the second Lupus anticoagulant.
You only need to test positive for one of the tests, and dont need them both for a diagnosis.
I hope your brother gets better soon, and i wish him a speedy recovery.
Nicola
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If your brother was hospitalized due to mini strokes he may have been given anticoagulants to dissolve clots and keep the blood thin. The side effect is bleeding. The bruise could be due to that. INR, bleeding time, clotting time etc should be done and he must consult his doctor immediately-ASAP as he could also be bleeding internally. Take care!