Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
95.3 adult body temperature

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

95.3 adult body temperature

My husband had flu like symptoms for about 3 days ( low grade fever, chills, aches, coughing, etc) The doctor said he had a sinus infection to which he perscribed an antibotic (antibiotic) for (Bactrim). It took about 2 full days for it to kick in and he started feeling a bit better. On the 3rd day (this evening around 11:30pm) he started shaking and saying he was freezing (though his skin felt normal). I took his temperature and it was 95.3.
Does this have anything to do with the antibotic (antibiotic) and his immune system already being low due to the flu? Maybe antibodies attacking the thyroid? Should this be something to worry about/should he stop taking this antibotic (antibiotic)/or will it balance itself out?
Thank you!
take him for blood work i had the same signs,got blood work and it was hepititis (hepatitis)-c better safe then sorry good luck dont worrie  it can be helped
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The temperature could have gone down due to medications. Give him plenty of fluids such as hot soups, warm lemonade, herbal tea etc and see if the temperature improves. If it does not, then consult a doctor. Take care!