Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Abdomin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Abdomin pain

at times when I bend forward, I have a feeling like something is knotting up in my abdomin (abdomen) just under my right side of my rib cage and if I do not stand back up straight I feel like it will bust. After this it will be sore for days and feel like it is more apt to happen again for the next few days as well. It also happens in the lower part of my abdomin (abdomen) at times where my appendix scar is.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have a past history of pelvic - abdominal surgery (appendicitis surgery), then the pain can be due to adhesions. Adhesion related disorders have varied symptoms. Almost everyone who undergoes abdominal surgery develops adhesions, however, the risk is greater after operations on the lower abdomen and pelvis. The pain due to adhesions can be a dull ache, a shooting pain, a pain as though your intestines are being pulled out or a pain that appears to rip the abdomen apart. The type of pain that develops depends on the degree of adhesions and the internal organs that are feeling the pull of these adhesions. The adhesions cannot be diagnosed by any tests or imaging. Only diagnosis is by laproscopy and treatment is cutting the adhesions. Scar tissues can also result in adhesions. However absence of scar tissue does not mean that there are no adhesions. However these adhesions recur and cutting the adhesions can cause more adhesions to form. Hence a judicious decision is required regarding the approach to be taken. Certain herbs and mucolytic enzymes have been tried with variable success rates for this. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!