Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Abdominal Issues NEED HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Abdominal Issues NEED HELP!

First- I'd like to start saying I had Strep Throat pretty bad about 2 weeks ago, and then ALL of these issues came up RIGHT after the strep throat was treated. I used Zithromax 250mg for 5 days to treat the strep throat and it went away. Then all h*ll broke loose!!! I have been constipated for days upon days. My stomach is hard, I feel full/bloated with no apetite, and I CANNOT for the LIFE of me get anything to start moving. I have had laxatives, enemas, and even a colon cleansing drink 'Golytely' and have had no luck pushing through the extremely hard stools... I have, however, went to the ER and they took x-rays of my chest, abdomen, and did extensive blood-work, and said they could clearly see where I was pretty backed up, but that all of my tests came back fine. Well, I've drank MASSIVE amounts of water, stuck to a liquid diet, and have FINALLY started passing stools once about every 3 or 4 days and they are a normal brown color-very very smooth-and very long, they are also a lot smaller in diameter than my normal stools. They are also quite mushy when touched and examined. But, even after moving stools now, I STILL have the extremely uncomfortable 'pressure' like feeling throughout various areas on my sides that range from up by my ribs to down by my pelvis and they happen at various times. The pressure feels as if something inside me is pressing stuff outwards. My kidney area has a lot of discomfort throughout my back and sides as well. And my urine is sometimes dark, sometimes light, and when I urinate it stops/starts/stops/starts/etc... until I empty... and even when I empty it STILL feels like I didn't empty all the way... This entire thing has me EXTREMELY frustrated because I have JUST (as of a couple days ago) received a FULL work up of blood tests, an abdominal CT Scan with contrast, full chest x-rays, an EKG and Heart  Blood tests, and full abdomen x-rays, and they Doctors in the E.R. just simply say- "We have no clue what is going on because the tests come back fine." The only thing noticeable to the doctors was that my blood pressure was 154/75, which is RATHER HIGH for my normal 115/60... and then they just dismiss me like I'm some lunatic or something... lol... Well, OBVIOUSLY something is going on otherwise I wouldn't be complaining of these issues, the question is WHAT is going on... I need some kind of direction to go here because this is just getting insane. I literallly cannot work because of the constant discomfort, I cannot get up and "go-go-go" like I normally do (I am like an energizer bunny normally). I am exmtremely fatigued, often times get a very tight feeling in my throat, and get very tired at times... The thing that scares me is that I had Pericarditis in 2009 following an episode of strep throat. And at that time ALL my tests were coming back fine as well and the Dr. acted the same way, like they didn't believe me until my heart enzymes test came back through the roof! And then again when at the end of 2009 I had Menengitis and ALL my tests came back fine then too except my Spinal Tap and the Dr. didn't believe me THEN either and kinda just dismissed me until I WAS the one that suggested menengitis...All of this is extremely difficult and rather rare because I am a 25 yr. old male with normal lifestyle, NO drinking, NO partying, and I eat a balanced diet usually... Can someone PLEASE guide me in the right direction of give me some thoughts? Thank you guys!
Did they give you Fleets enemas when you were at the ER for the constipation?  

What kind of contrast did they use with the CT?  (Hopefully didn't have you drinking barium, which can set up like cement if not eliminated in a timely fashion, I've been told.)

Since you are having gastrointestinal symptoms, have you been to a GI specialist yet to check for anything that might be partially blocking the passage of stool?  Since you are having issues with urination, have you been to a urologist yet?

Stress can make your throat feel tired and make you feel tired.
P.S. If your urine seems concentrated even though you are drinking massive amounts of water, have you asked the doctor to check kidney function?  

What about your sodium level- have they done an electrolyte panel?
I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you had an adverse reaction to the medications given for the strep throat.  I would recommend a juicing regimen.  Just try for about a week, from there decide if you want to go for a full month or two.  Two is usually the max you needs for a full body detox.   YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE.  This will also help with the constipation.  If you can go with Organic fruits and vegetables.  Make the juice with more veggies than fruits.  I would also try a Chlorophyll Supplement.  You can get Chlorophyll from a lot of green vegetables.  Juicing has also been found to help with high blood pressure.  It will also help with fatigue.  Let me know how it goes.  I would recommend the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"  It is very informative and inspiring.