Abdominal Problems, Dizziness, Fatigue
Hi all,

I am a 25 year old male and have been experiencing lower abdominal pains for the past year. Sometimes it would wake me up in the middle of the night with a searing pain usually in the lower left side of the abdomen (LLQ). This would happen chronically. Now, my stomach makes constant gurgling noises and feels as though there is an increase in flatulence.

Lately, I have been experiencing straining while going to the bathroom and alternating between diarrhea and constipation. Also, my stomach feels as though it is protruding out more. In addition, I now have been experiencing severe dizziness over the past couple of weeks along with chronic fatigue. The dizziness feels as though I am rocking on a boat and is felt most when I get up to walk from sitting or lying down, but is constant throughout the day and seemingly worse in the afternoon or before bed. It is affecting my daily work at my desk job. Furthermore, I feel as though I have an increased sensitivity to light and inability to concentrate (brain fog?) as well as having problems finding the right words. At times, my eyes begin to burn and feel very dry and heavy.I also notice that I become extremely fatigued after eating a meal or right after a bowel movement.

I have tried going on gluten and wheat free diets and dairy free, for about two weeks and have not seen any symptoms diminishing.  

I have had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, CBC including blood work for thyroid, kidney, liver, hepatitis, HIV, B12, Iron, Gluten, stool-culture and parasite tests all with no findings.

The only finding I've had is an x-ray supporting that I was constipated.

Please help as I feel as though I am at the end of my rope as to what could be causing this and I feel as though I am progressively becoming worse.
You seem to have which is known as Chrons disease. This occurs in most males, especially in the abdominal area. My uncle has this, although it is a bowels disease it can cause pain, such as constipation. You may also have a hernia? You will never know until you see a doctor about this. The dizziness and fatigue are just symptoms and effects of this. Just focus on the main sources of the pain and explain them to your doctor as he/she is professionally trained and will know best.
So they don't see a bowel blockage and that is good. Have they menitioned irritable bowel syndrome? The dizzyness /brain fog is probably an electrolyte imbalance. I would think the colonoscopy would have found something. Did you have the colonoscopy during this problem on in the past? Have you tried a high fiber diet instead of no gluten? Lots of fruits and veggies with little meat (such as a vegetarian or vegan diet). It will generally help you with the contipation and use metamucil to try to equalized the fiber and water balance. Keep drinking lots of water too. I assume they ruled out chrons disease as it could be that.
mkh9
It does sound like Crohn's Disease. The usual onset is between 15 and 30 years of age.

There's lots of info on the Internet about it.  Here's the wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease

I read a book called "The Maker's Diet" by a guy with severe Crohn's who found health again through the diet he describes in this book. It might be helpful for you.