Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Abdominal pain on right side. Worsens when coughing,sneezing, or sudden...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Abdominal pain on right side. Worsens when coughing,sneezing, or sudden movement

I was wondering what can cause pain , especialy on the right side, of the abdominal area. It increases when coughing, sneezing, or sudden movement. I went to the doctor and he said it was not appendicitis and scheduled me for an ultrasound but it has been rescheduled. This pain has a frequent recurrence every couple of months. I know I had a cyst on my ovary when I was pregnant 3 years ago but am not sure if this could cause the pain. It is a constant pain and it hurts to walk or even get up from sitting on the couch. I also have a cramping feeling and chills sometimes. Also, it seems that stomach bloats up and gets bigger. It will last for a few days then go away. But it returns in a couple of months. I sure hope you can help me with this problem. Thanks...
yes---it could be a cyst----I had one that was 7 cm big and my back, right side, hurt.......cyst are no fun........
Inguinal hernia can cause right sided pain that is worse with standing,walking, sneezing, or coughing.  Bloating of the stomach may indicate a condition called gastroparesis or delayed gastric emptying when accompanied by problems breathing after eating.  If no respiratory difficulty, then you may have IBS.  The hernia and IBS are two separate problems that can occur together to give you the symptoms you are experiencing.
My cycle is pretty normal once I am on the pill but since i have stopped taking it my cycle is sometimes messed up. But I was still having these pains when I was on the pill. With a cyst, does the pain suddenly come on then go away in a few days then come on again in a couple on months?
One more thing, do you think a doctor can find a problem while giving a pap smear?

As you are having a history of ovarian cysts, so this pain can be due to rupture of the cyst or torsion of the cyst. Only an ultrasound abdomen can confirm the diagnosis.Secondly, it can be pelvic inflammatory disease which can be caused by an infection of the pelvic organs. Ultrasound abdomen and cervical swabs are needed to rule them out.

Thirdly, possibility of ectopic pregnancy cannot be ruled out. Did you miss your last periods? You can confirm pregnancy by a use at home UPT (urine for pregnancy) kit.Ectopic pregnancy can be confirmed by an ultrasound.

Fourthly, it can be a case of irritable bowel disease or crohn’s disease.Lastly,renal colic also has to be ruled out. Confirmation can be done only after ultrasound or CT abdomen.Blood tests may also be required in some cases.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i get real bad pain on right side where my cyst is when i sneez or walk or try to eat i feel bloted. why is this and will my cyst go down. i have to go back to the hospital on the 19 of november. some one please answer me. thanks suzannah
i get the exact same thing is it like some one has stabbed a knife through the area as this is when i am getting even though i am 16 and it helps if i walk for about 10 mins at your own speed
im under 16 and i have bad pains in my right side basically abdominal pains and t hurts whenever i walk im sporty and my docotor dosent no what it is , it hurts sometimes when touched but takes 15 mins to go away im getitn blood tests done but i dont know what it is?
A related discussion, ? something on rt ovary was started.
A related discussion, Unexplain right side abdominal pain was started.