UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Abdominal pain on right side. Worsens when coughing,sneezing, or sudden movement
by pootywank, Apr 30, 2006
I was wondering what can cause pain , especialy on the right side, of the abdominal area. It increases when coughing, sneezing, or sudden movement. I went to the doctor and he said it was not appendicitis and scheduled me for an ultrasound but it has been rescheduled. This pain has a frequent recurrence every couple of months. I know I had a cyst on my ovary when I was pregnant 3 years ago but am not sure if this could cause the pain. It is a constant pain and it hurts to walk or even get up from sitting on the couch. I also have a cramping feeling and chills sometimes. Also, it seems that stomach bloats up and gets bigger. It will last for a few days then go away. But it returns in a couple of months. I sure hope you can help me with this problem. Thanks...
Member Comments (9)
by giddychic, Apr 30, 2006
yes---it could be a cyst----I had one that was 7 cm big and my back, right side, hurt.......cyst are no fun........
by pootywank, May 01, 2006
My cycle is pretty normal once I am on the pill but since i have stopped taking it my cycle is sometimes messed up. But I was still having these pains when I was on the pill. With a cyst, does the pain suddenly come on then go away in a few days then come on again in a couple on months?
by star queen, May 01, 2006
Inguinal hernia can cause right sided pain that is worse with standing,walking, sneezing, or coughing.  Bloating of the stomach may indicate a condition called gastroparesis or delayed gastric emptying when accompanied by problems breathing after eating.  If no respiratory difficulty, then you may have IBS.  The hernia and IBS are two separate problems that can occur together to give you the symptoms you are experiencing.
by pootywank, May 01, 2006
One more thing, do you think a doctor can find a problem while giving a pap smear?