Abdominal pain
For as long as I can remember I've been occasionally experiencing a particular abdominal pain that feels like a line from my navel to my pelvis (sometimes I feel it in my pelvis, too).  It lasts between 10 and 30 minutes, I'd say, and whenever it comes on, I'm afraid to move because it feels like I'm going to split in half.  Any ideas?
This could well be a migraine variant- Abdominal migraine, if you have been having since childhood.
is there anything that your doing to trigger it off?
Not as far as I can tell.  The last time it happened, it started while I was asleep and I immediately woke up.  Aside from that it does sound a lot like the description of abdominal migraines.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain in the lower abdomen/pelvis/vagina can be due to infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, UTI, STD, uterine fibroids, urinary bladder infection or cystitis. If you do not have any discharge and there is no other symptom then it can also be due to pinched nerve (either pudendal or spinal). These conditions are broadly classified as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. The intensity of pain depends on the degree of inflammation and thus compression. This can vary. IBS, Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, and food causing gas can be the other possibilities.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!