Abdominal ridge?
I think this is probably normal, but since I've lost a lot of weight, I notice this ridge like area in the lower left of my abdomen.  It seems to run from just above my hip bone to about the middle of the pelvic region and is only on the left side. It could best be described as a cord-like structure.  It is likely a muscle, but there isn't one the same on the other side, which I find odd. It is not painful and can be easiest felt when laying flat.  Is anyone familiar with such things?

hi there

1. are you male or female?

2. do u currently or have you ever had any gastrointestinal or cardiovascular issues?

3. do u notice the cord-like structure mvoing or pulsating?

4. does the structure you feel move when palpated? it is in a fixed position or does it move?  it is hard or soft? does it hurt when you press on it?

5. do u have any indicators of infection?

1. I am male

2.  I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, but past colonoscopies were clear.

3.  It does not move.

4.  It doesn't hurt when pressed, it is fairly far below the skin surface.  Seems to be fixed.

5.  No real indicators of infection except some aches and pains, red eyes, ongoing symptoms of this nature.

I am not a doctor, but want to give you a tip that you can look into. It sounds like scaring of some kind. Have you had any kind of infections or inflammation that might have healed and left scaring?

If you have been told you have IBS, it could be that you actually have IBD. Alot of people are told they have IBS when no disease can be found in the intestines. Alot of the time it is hard to diagnose IBD (colitis and chron's)