Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Abnormally large stools?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Abnormally large stools?

Even in high school, I clogged our toilet more than anyone in my family. Now I'm 28, and I have to use the plunger 2-3 times a week at least.

I eat tons of fiber. Constipation isn't the problem (I know what that's like too, thanks to going through chemo for Hodgkin's Lymphoma a few years ago, but that's all over now). I can pass the stools, they're just abnormally large.  I recently discovered that I have very high cholesterol (260) despite eating a healthy diet that's high in fiber and monounsaturated fats and cutting trans fats out completely and exercising regularly. I'm worried that maybe my body isn't digesting something right, that's leading both to the large stools and high cholesterol. Are there any conditions for which these are both common symptoms?
Avatar n tn
There is nothing wrong with you.   Your problem isn't unique.  There are a lot of people out there who pass fat stools.  The toilet you have is probably one of those that are cheaper and smaller to save water.  You can find toilets out there that are accomodate larger stools, but they cost more.  This "problem" is actually a pretty good thing because you are getting out all the waste in your body and indicates a good clean colon.

Avatar n tn
I have exactly the same problem as nowhereg1rl. I'm 16, and for some reason I pass extremely huge stools. I have no problem getting it through my butt, but it is such a pain trying to flush it down the toilet. I've tried every single toilet in the house (I have about 4 bathrooms - big family), but NONE of them will do the job. I can't get a new toilet seat, either, because I'm (well, my parents are) renting the house that I'm living in. Is there an alternative to buying a new toilet seat (maybe changes in diet)?
Avatar n tn
I have the same thing my dad thinks its because i eat to fast. But he thinks it abnormal.
A related discussion, my grandson was started.