Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Aching On The Left Side Of My Body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Aching On The Left Side Of My Body

2 Days ago I got a pain in the joint in the middle of my left leg. It was accompanied by a sort of numb feeling in the rest of my leg.
The next night the leg pain went away, but I got that same feeling in my left shoulder and elbow area. It was mostly in the joints but the muscles around that area also seem slightly sore.
Today I've been getting that pain and numbness in both my left arm and leg. Can somebody possibly tell me what this could be?
Years ago my left hip started hurting then the knee, over the years the pain has spread to my shoulder and now it is in my neck. If I try to exercise it gets worse. What could this be?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This looks like an episode of transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Otherwise it could be due to nerve compression very high up in the cervical vertebra. Please consult a neurologist. You may need to undergo MRI of the brain or cervical spine.

On a lighter note it could be exposure to cold air on a particular side of your body or wrong sleeping posture.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!