Alcohol Intolerance with Chiari and Elimination diet
I recently found out that I have an Arnold Chiari 1 malformation. My headaches had been really bad for a couple of months, right around the time I was diagnosed. I found that I was getting worse headaches with hangovers so I thought it might be a good idea to stop drinking. I'm also on an elimination diet to find out what food allergies I have so I haven't been able to have beer since it's a gluten grain.

After 3 weeks of no alcohol, I tried having 2 vodka and cranberry drinks. I had waves of nausea, which I never have with drinking, and when trying to go to bed an hour later had what almost seemed like anxiety attacks with uncontrollable shaking/shivering and dizziness. Though I didn't even feel drunk.

I tried again last night to have two whiskey drinks, to see if a different liquor made a difference. I was fine until randomly about half hour after my second drink (between about 3 hours) I was felt like I could vomit, shaky, fast heart beat and faint. I attribute part of it to the anxiety I felt about the sudden nausea in a bar, but then trembled for the next hour. I woke up to feel like I had last time I drank; nauseas, headache, fatigued.

I'm wondering, could it be the Chiari or perhaps the elimination diet? Is this a reaction from an overall alcohol intolerance? I used to be able to drink heavily without a problem but now I'm in bed all day with nausea, a headache and feeling spaced out.
Try  getting  your  mind  off  it  and  do  something  to  get  your  mind  off  it.
Hi...drinking with chiari will only keep giving u questions wondering what is the cause of ur symptoms...Chiari is diff to dx with out the  drinking...

We do have a chiari forum here on Medhelp and I invite u to join the forum to learn more about chiari.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Chiari-Malformation/show/257?camp=msc

"selma"
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.