Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
All these symptoms and problems but no help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

After years of pushing that there was something wrong with my thyroid, my doc found thyroid cancer in 2011 and removed my thyroid.  Ever since, my neck has been swollen off and on, sometimes it is very painful. Both ENT and endocrinologist said they couldn't find anything wrong (bear in mind the whole time up until my thyroid was removed and pathology was done, they couldn't find anything wrong with it either).  It has gotten progressively worse.  Now for the last 3 months, I've had what my family doc calls "bronchitis" but it will NOT go away and just seems to be cycling through my body over and over.  Add to that my chronic muscular/joint pain, it is not a pleasure to be me right now.  

With my bronchitis, I've always been complaining to doc for 3 months that my neck, groin, and armpit lymph nodes also cycle through each of them swelling and hurting, but usually not at the same time.  Whatever is wrong with me is literally running laps through my body.  Antibiotics, prednisone, breathing treatments....nothing helps.  A week ago, I started having really rapid, shallow breathing (35-45 rpm) and rapid heartrate (80-120 bpm) that is constant whether I'm active or resting.  Doc said he suspects Generalized Anxiety Disorder and gave me 1 mg Ativan that laid me out for 2 days off one pill...it didn't help my symptoms.  

This morning I wake up feeling like I'm being choked as my lower neck is very tight and swollen.  Doc's nurse called to say "no further orders at this time."  He's waiting for a lung CT to see if I have a lung clot.  It is very painful to swallow or move my head.  I did have labs drawn in March that showed I had the following:

WBC  15.3 (4.5-11.0)
Lymphocytes 19.0 (20.0-50.0)
ABS Neutrophils 11.05 (1.80-8.00)
ABS Monocytes 1.20 (0.00-1.00)
Everything else in normal range

I'm literally worsening every day, but don't know what to do when doc keeps acting like there is nothing wrong and I just need to wait. He's sending me to an allergist, but that's not for another 3 weeks.  I have so many different things going on right now though, that I don't know what's related and what's just coincidence.  Help!  
Sorry to hear you are so unwell.

With you lymph nodes (glands) swelling has the doctor checked you out and considered Hodgkin's Lymphoma?  

Because you have had cancer of the thyroid your immune system would have been or still is low making you susceptible to infections.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma can also spread to internal organs.  And this may be the cause of the chest problem and your neck pains.

You they find out what is causing your ill health very soon so that you can get the correct treatment to a speedy recovery.

Best wishes

Not that I'm aware of. Like I said, he blames everything on my fibromyalgia. What test do they use to check for that?
I thought it was done by blood test, but have checked it out to make sure and the only way to confirm a diagnosis of Hodgkin's lymphoma is by carrying out a biopsy.  This is done by testing a sample of the affected lymph node tissue.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma affects young people from the age of 15-35.
Whilst Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma affects older people.

As you have had the cancer in the thyroid and now you are having your other problems with your glands and feeling very tired, and chest problems it would be worth asking your doctor about it.

Your muscular and joint pains may or may not be connected to the gland issue.  If you have a bacterial chest infection that could make you unwell all over.  The muscle and joint pains may also be from different forms of arthritis.

Best wishes.