Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar_universal
Allergy to portable telephones
When I talk on the portable telephone, from our home landline, I get a sinus congestion that looks a lot like an allergic reaction.  Within 20 minutes of ending the phone use, my sinuses become clear and I have a "runny" nose for a short while.  I am allergic to certain metals and get a skin rash from lesser quality gold.  I've been told it's an allergy to nickel.  Could I have an allergy to something in our portable telephone?  I also have some of the same symptoms from the phone system at work and cell phones.  By the end of a 40 minute phone call, I can barely breathe out of my nose.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar_universal
This might sound silly, but have you tried disinfecting the phone itself? I have read that phones are a HUGE carrier of germs, and have gotten in the habit of sanitizing my phone at least once every 2 or 3 days. I also sanitize door handles and our remote, fridge handle. I'm not ocd or a germophobe by any means, but once I started thinking about things we'd touch and then touch the aforementioned items, It really grossed me out! But, if this doesn't help your issue, maybe talk to an allergist? Even the receptionist might have some answers for you or advice about what you should do! Hope this helps!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
13167_tn?1327197724
There are people who have headaches after talking on the phone - googling that you get lots of hits,  so it sounds like an allergic reaction might not be out of the question.  

My guess is you should probably get a hands free wireless device and give up talking on that phone.  Although,  40 minutes seems like an excessive amount of time to be on the phone so maybe limiting your calls to a couple minutes and doing most of your socializing face to face might work too.

Best wishes.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources