Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Almost fainting, rush of warmth, dizziness, fuzziness, tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Recently I have been having more frequent episodes of nearly passing out.  I can feel it coming on.  It starts with a fuzzy and lightheaded feeling in my head, which spreads to my face, arms, fingers, shoulders.  I then feel a rush of warmth and tingling spread from my head to toes (this I can feel progressing).  I have to focus very hard on staying conscious.  I feel if I stop fighting it I will faint.  This happened three times in a half hour period a few nights ago, and then a couple days later it happened at work, where my boss drove me to the ER.  They did blood work and nothing came back, except a slightly elevated blood level on a test that he said could indicate anything from allergies to a heart attack.  He seemed to be leaning towards wanting me to get a MRI, but couldn't find anything at that point that would warrant ordering one.  I have an appointment with my family physician on Monday.

About a year and a half ago I was in the emergency room with the same thing and then they attributed it to stress.  At that point I was terribly stressed with my job, but have since moved on to a job that I love.

I am 35 years old, not overweight and don't feel terribly stressed.

Needless to say I am concerned about this because it seems that it can happen at any time,whether sitting, standing or lying down.  I don't want this to happen while I'm driving and take the chance that I actually pass out behind the wheel with my little girl in the car with me!!!

After I have these "episodes" I feel really spacy and fuzzy for about 30-60 minutes. When I had one at work my boss, as soon as she looked at me could tell something was wrong.  She described it as a dazed look in my eyes and said I seemed kind of “slow”.
Have you noticed your symptoms after eating? If so, you may want to look at the possibility of having an allergy to MSG. I experienced some of the same symptoms and found that I am allergic to MSG and that it is in a lot of foods.
I would think the doc should have found enough to order an MRI of your brain given your symptoms!  My grandpa passed out from a brain tumor we believe was a meningioma.  I have two other relatives with that kind of brain tumor (it's a hereditary type).  They should be looking for tumors and at your head's blood vessels.  Also, since they thought the blood test could indicate a heart attack, I would think they should have consulted with a cardiologist about cardiovascular further testing!   Please don't give up with the ER doc's lack of thoroughness!
Do you just stare off?  Do you remember these times and what goes on?  Go to an epilepsy website and read further.  There is a lot of them out there.  My mother had these episodes and was finally diagnosed with epilepsy.  It took us years to find the right doctor who didn't just monitor med levels!!!
I have experienced this exact same feeling twice in the last two weeks; I feel the same sensation of needing to concentrate on staying conscious. The doctor doesn't seem to be concerned but I am having blood work done in case. Both times it has happened while I was at work. I don't feel very stressed and I enjoy my job, so I don't understand why this keeps happening. Thank you for posting this- I was starting to feel like I am completely alone with this. Any help is appreciated.
A related discussion, Almost fainting frequently was started.