Always feel like lump of mucous in throat
Hi there. I am a 20 year old female, and for the last few months (possibly even a year), I always have the feeling that there is something in my throat, a bit like phlegm, but no matter how much I swallow it won't go away. When I try and cough something up, nothing comes up either.
Any ideas what this may be?
Go have your thyroid checked. Here is a link to a checklist that may help you. I have also read some of your other post and truly believe something is wrong here. http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/autoimmune-checklist.htm    Best of luck to you.

Sissie
It's a development of some sort inside the throat caused by respiratory and immune system error's judgement of the brain. It might also be fatigue and lack of proper thinking. Cures are common such as Halls. If it gets worse, a doctor is needed.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Something stuck in the throat can be due to post nasal drip, if you have recurrent cold and sinusitis. It can also be gastric reflux due to weak esophageal sphincter or due to hiatal hernia. It can also be an allergic reaction to something you eat. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. See if this helps. You will need to consult your PCP and rule out these causes one by one. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.