Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Always feeling nauseous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Always feeling nauseous

I have a problem with feeling nauseous all the time. It started a year ago when I was diagnosed with glandular fever (some places call it mono I think) and it went away after 4 months, but the nausea I got at the same time never went away.(however Im never actually sick) I went to the doctors, they said anything from stomach ulcer/stress and I got about 4 different pills to try, none of them worked. I was also on the contraceptive pill at the time and I stopped taking it just incase it was that. Eventually I got tired of doctors advise and tried my own thing, I went and got acupuncture, and after 5 sessions the sickness went away. I still dont know if it actually worked, or if the sickness went away by its self and it was just really good timing. Anyway that was around October, after suffering from the nausea from around June. All through November to January I was fine. But since then it has come back, I was on the loestrin pill around this time and I also came off it incase it made me feel sick. Since january it started off with one or two days a week of nausea, but lately its every day. I dont have any other symptons, and Im never actually sick. I have googled it lots and there are lots of people saying anxiety and stress causes this. Im a student and 19 so obviously I have stress in my life but overall Im very happy and there is nothing that I feel would actually cause my body to react in this way. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar and if you have any advice :)
I would suggest going back and getting the acupuncture treatment again to see if that actually worked and then asking them what they think is causing it and if there are some natural remedies they could suggest to u.
Have you had your spleen checked?  When you get mono, it's very common to get an enlarged spleen and that can definitely cause nausea and sometimes, the spleen problems persist even after the initial mono infection disappears.

Also, have you experimented wiht different foods/drink to see if anything makes it better or worse?  Dairy?  Wheat/gluten?  Carbonated beverages?

Stress definitely can cause digestive issues, however, I would certainly get other things checked out also - especially since you say you don't feel your stress levels are high enough to be causing the problem and it's an every day thing, not just when you're in school or under extra stress.

Also have them check out your gall bladder - if the nausea is worse after eating/drinking, this is also a distinct possibility.

Best of luck - please let me know how you're doing and what you find out.
There are many causes of chronic nausea.  These include stomach disorders such as gastroenteritis, liver/gall bladder disease, cancer, medications, inner ear diseases like labrynthitis, ulcers/gastritis, metabolic like diabetes, hypothyroidism and adrenal diseases or neurological causes. Cyclic vomiting syndrome is also stated to cause constant nausea.

I will sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get these possibilities ruled out one by one. Detailed and comprehensive lab and radiological testing is required to confirm a diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Sure i agree you should be checked by a doctor but if it is one of those cases where they dont have answers or give you meds that dont work or make it worse then go back to what did work. thats just common sense.