Am I still tired from shingles?
I was diagnosed with shingles 7 weeks ago.  That is when the pain and rash began.  For about 2 weeks prior to those symptoms, I was extremely tired and depressed...but there were no unusual stressors in my life.  It was weird.  The rash and pain have been gone for about a week.  I stopped taking hydrocodone for the pain about 2-3 weeks ago.  Yesterday I was so tired I stayed in bed all day and have slept for most of the past 36 hours.  I was extremely sore all over (muscle and joint aches) yesterday, but that is better today.  I still tire vey easily and have the occassional return of tenderness to the area where I had the rash (under left shoulder blade).  I am concerned that something besides shingles is causing the fatigue, since it started before the rash and continues long after the rash and pain have disappeared.  Any thoughts?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, it is possible that you are still under the effect of the virus. Take multivitamin pills, plenty of soups, hot fluids and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, chicken broth etc. If symptoms persist consult your PCP.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.