Angiogram and itching
I had an angiogram 2 weeks ago and it was closed with angio-seal.  Two days after the procedure I developed all over itching and a slight rash.  The cardiologist prescribed a course of cortisone.  I am on  the second to last day and I am itching worse than before.  I was feeling better when I first went on the cortisone.  Now the doctor is prescribing another course of cortisone.  What could be the cause of the itching and should I continue the cortisone?
IS the itching from post healing? Did the doctor actually look at the post closure site? I have not had an angiogram or anything. Don't they use contrast with that. Maybe you had an allergy to it and that is why they have you on the cortisone. I would stay on your medicine for sure and discuss this with your doctor. Maybe they should check the site for infection though if they have not looked at you post procedure. Take care.