Anus hurts
So, i've noticed on and off that the inside of my anus has been hurting. i think it might be from having sex.  Theres no bleeding, no apparent or obvious lumps or bumps, it doesn't hurt when i go to the bathroom,  but it just hurts when i sit for long periods of time. if i had to explain what it felt like, i'd have to say like sitting on a bruise. I'm just kind of scared to talk about this to anyone in my family, so i wonder if this is something i should be concerned about.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The pain in the anus can be due to anal sex (causing a tear inside), fissures or due to infection. It could also be due to an abscess. Infected piles is another possibility. At times such a pain is due to compression of spinal nerves. Infection with herpes simplex virus can also be another cause. It is difficult to comment without examination. I can understand your fear and embarrassment, but prolonging going to the doctor can only make things worse. Hope this helps. Take care!

thank you. i've tried researching online what it could possibly be. i'm pretty sure i can rule out the fact that its not herpes simplex, i've only had sex with one guy and i dated him for a while and he gets tested every so often anyway. but anyway, about the research, the only think i'm thinking it is is "anorectal trauma" but i'm not exactly sure what that is? i don't have any cuts or tears either, that i know of anyway. and i checked for warts or lumps and found nothing.