Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Anxiety, Stiff Neck, Lymph Node

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Anxiety, Stiff Neck, Lymph Node

Dear all,

for the last 3 months I am suffering from a stiff neck. Sometimes it's rather moderate, sometimes severe. The pain radiates from the back of my head to both sides of the neck, sometimes also where I suppose my thyroid. Sometimes it rather feels like a soreness. Sometimes I feel it in my ears, not really painful, more like a slight pulling. The ears then often start to crack and pop. I also have pain in and under my right shoulder which gets better after a hot shower.

2 months ago I also had a sudden hearing loss in my left ear. I think it could be related to my neck symptoms as before the loss I also had these cracking sensations. The hearing loss lasted for three months. At the end I could feel some fluid in my ear. So I assumed that it is rather caused by a tube dysfunction than a SNHL.

As I suffer from extreme anxiety for quite a while I thought it could be related. But last week I discovered a little bump on the left side of my neck which I suppose is a swollen lymph node. It's located on my neck muscle which feels not very relaxed. It has the size of a pea, is soft, moveable and actually non-tender. Although I sometimes have the impresssion that the area around this node is more sore than other parts of the neck.

I know that you guys are no doctor. But any idea or similar experience would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you so much!!!
I'm not totally familiar with labyrinithis (sp?) but this is a problem with the ear and is known to cause anxiety and panic attacks. If you read up on it you can learn why. Have you been evaluated by and ENT???
Thanks for your relpy. From what I learned labyrinthithis causes dizziness as a main symptom which I fortunately don't have.

I've been evaluated by a ENT. Well, he was busy and didn't spend much time on me. Short diagnosis was tube dysfunction probably due a cold which I actually didn't have... The neck problems would be coincidence and related to stress...

Nothing that I really believe in as stress don't cause swollen lymphnodes as far as I know. And as I said, I didn't have a cold. Well, I had one after my hearing loss and long time before the node appeared.
Hi,it seem just muscle lump due to neck soft tissue injury.Don't worry.
Muscle lump? I didn't know that there is something like this. I will follow up with a doctor. Thank you very much for your opinion. It seems that you are very experienced in this field.

Btw: Best regards from Shanghai ;-)