Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Any ideas of what this is?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Any ideas of what this is?

Around 5 months ago on May 5th I had something weird happen to me while smoking marijuana. That week, I had a pretty bad chest cold with a lot of coughing and such.  I shouldn't have been smoking but I was anyway.  I was taking a few good size puffs as I always do when all of a sudden during a puff, it felt like something popped in my chest/lung I guess(on the right side).  At first I didn't really notice much, but after a few hours or so I noticed pain in that area of my chest where I felt the pop.  The pain would be at its worst when sitting down or laying on that side and not so bad when standing.   I could feel the area where it popped pop again when I would do things like cough, hack up flem (phlegm), or blow my nose(not every time I would do these things but sometimes).  I was worried so I went to the doctor.  I described my symptoms but she wasn't really sure of what it could be and sent me to get an x-ray which came back normal.  About a week had passed and I decided I needed to stop smoking marijuana and cigarettes, rest, and hopefully I would get better(the pain and popping would stop).  I stopped most physical activity like playing basketball and golf and didn't really do too much.  Around two months had gone by and things were looking a little better. I wasn't really coughing or hacking up flem (phlegm) as much since I quit smoking so the pop had pretty much disappeared, and the pain started to subside.  But then something terrible started.  The best way I can describe it is like when your eating something that crumbles into little pieces and having a piece fall on your leg.  That's what it felt like but all over and pretty much constantly( at its worst every 2 or 3 seconds).  Then one day I was looking down at a spot where I felt it happen and I could see my hair actually move.  This was really starting to drive me crazy.  I ended up going to another doctor.  She had no idea but took blood tests and gave me an x-ray which both came back normal. Well after about a month of this going on I felt a muscle spasm in my leg one day that wouldn't go away.  It would spasm every 2 or 3 seconds sometimes and then not do it for 20 seconds or more before doing it again. It finally went away after a couple days.  I read online that stretching would make spasms stop.  I started feeling other spasms all over.  They aren't every second but definitely enough to drive me crazy.  Sometime I don't feel them for a couple minutes or so and if I feel one that doesn't stop and keeps spasming, I just move that part of my body and it stops.  And now I have started feeling pinpricks.  Like something is biting me.  And I have developed a rash that itches and I feel other spots on me itch sometimes that go away with a little scratch.  This is all really freaking me out and I don't know how much longer I can take it.  What's next?  And this is weird but all these symptoms I have listed aren't as severe after waking up in the morning and eating.  Somehow them two things help.  I have thought maybe it's just scabies since I have the rash, itching, and pinpricks.  But that doesn't explain the hair moving or the muscle spasms.  Oh and I just remembered I also have a feeling like little bubbles are popping in my leg after long walks.  I am assuming this is all related to the pop I felt in my chest/lung when smoking marijuana.  Do you have any idea of what that pop might have been and is there anyway to know or anything I can do.  I feel so hopeless, please somebody help me.
Well done you for stopping the smoking.

The bubbles that you feel in your legs is likely to be that you have a virus in your system.  

The popping in your chest, sounds like your chest may have had congestion.

Make sure that you drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
No the pop i felt in my chest was defintley an injury of some sort. And im sure that all the symptoms i am having are from it.
marc,  it sounds like you may have inhaled a seed when you were smoking and it popped somewhere and caused an injury to your windpipe that has since healed.

I don't think  your leg pain and spasms are related to the incident months prior that happened to your respiratory system while you smoked.

You may want to google Multiple Schlerosis.  Your leg systems sound very much like the earliest indications of MS.
The pop i felt wasn't in my windpipe.  It popped near my nipple and defintley wasn't from a seed.  It was some sort of rupture to an area in my lung i think.  I never had any problems in my body up until this and i am 25 years old so i am pretty sure my symptoms are from whatever happened that day but thanks for your trying to help.
Regarding the itching, have you or your doctor considered scabies?

Pinching feelings inside the legs can sometimes be from inflammation of the veins called phlebitis.  

If you do not feel any better, go back to your doctor for further investigation and blood tests.
I am going to go back to the doctor soon and get a test for scabies done.  Idk if thats what it is but the last few days i've noticed that the itching/biting gets really bad when i become anxious or stressed out.
Hope he can diagnose the problem and sort you out.

In the meantime, have your changed any detergents, or eaten any foods that you may have an allergy to?

Have you been bitten or scratched by anything at all, or been in contact with any plants?

Scabies usually burrow under the skin and this is what causes the tremendous itching.  Sometimes you can see "tram" lines on the skin.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.
No I haven't changes my detergents and I have the same diet as I always have.  I think I may have some sort of skin disorder though because of the  rash I developed.  I  just hope it is something like scabies that can be treated.  I really need to go to the dermatologist soon.
You can go for years and not have any problems and then suddenly you can become allergic to all sorts of things, develop contact dermatitis and asthma.

I do hope you find what is causing your problem so that it can be treated appropriately.

Best wishes.