Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Anyone else having all these problems? Please Help!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I did a tour in afghanistan from 07 to 08, and since I have been home it has been nothing but problems with my health. First, they diagnosed me with PTSD with anxiety and exercise-induced asthma. While running pt tests my times kept getting worse, and running was getting harder. I had a extreme increase in mucus, and shortness of breath causes anxiety attacks all the time. Well, now i've been seeing doctors, and I always feel tired. I brought this up to them, and was sent to a sleep study in which they said I had a sleepiness syndrome that was a form of narcolepsy. They prescribed provigil and it didn't work. They have me on adderall (adderrall) now, and it does the job and definitely keeps me focused, but since the blood work they have found several problems. One my liver enzymes were extremely high. I had a low white blood cell count, and a high red blood cell count. My heart rate is constantly going crazy. I have seen it as low as 47 beats a min and as high at 191 beats a min. I seen a cardiologist who couldn't find anything wrong in several blood test, a chest xray, urinalysis, and an EKG. I wore a holter device which noted rare PAC's and PVC's, and my hear rate during the device was 47-141. They said this was ok and let me go. They had me do a new PFT which showed a lung age of <80 years old with negative results post brochilator. The pulmonologist had me do blood work and a ct scan. The CT scan showed minimal bronchiectasis in the right lower lobe with minimal atelectisis(i think thats how you spell it.) He is stumped do to the blood work he ran for things like aspergillis coming back negative. He said every test he ran came back with no bad results. That bothered him, and we are stumped. He is having me do sputum cultures now. I also have been referred to a neurologist and a hapatologist (i think). They found an old case of Hep A which the doctor said would not be hard to pick up especially with my service in the middle east. They have me scheduled to do a liver ultrasound in JAN. Also, I hate to discuss this, but I have had a very soft stool for a few years now. I kind of learned to deal with it, but it is very irritating. The stool can be a mucky green to a clay color. It causes me to have to get to a rest room sometimes up to six times a day. One last thing, the pulmonologist put me on 60mg of prednisone and a very strong antibiotic that was 750mg. I can't remember the name though. I had no reaction. The mucus production slowed down none, and if anything it has got worse. He said he thinks I might be immune from the steroids. I know it sounds like I am one big bag of problems, but I don't know what to do. The VA is backlogged, and the military has me stuck in a paperwork cluster that is not letting me get any help from them. Am I dying? By the way I am a 27 year old male.
Clay-colored stool is often seen in hepatitis, malabsoption, or gallbladder disease.  

Did you mention the clay-colored stool, or were you too shy?  Clues like that are important.  Malabsorption can cause vitamin deficiencies, which can cause the extreme tiredness.  So why might you have that?  Celiac disease is very common - about 1 in 120 people.  You should get checked for Celiac disease and have your gallbladder checked.  If it is Celiac disease, the vitamin deficiencies can cause a wide range of symptoms.  Additionally, it can cause all sorts of autoimmune problems.  Your gallbladder could go even at your age, so it needs to be checked.  I would definitely try stopping dairy.  Not reading labels to check for every trace of milk, but not drinking milk or eating cheese often, no yogurt or ice cream or sour cream.  Just avoiding those may decrease mucus production a lot.  

Support your liver with diet.  
Apples contain pectin which helps to bind and excrete heavy metals right off the intestines. This directly helps to reduce the load of filtration on the liver.
Beets, carrots, red onions and aubergine contains flavonoids and beta-carotene which are potent antioxidants.
Garlic contains allicin, an antioxidant and the mineral selenium. It assists the removal of heavy metals from the liver.
Eggs, brown rice and whole grains, broccoli and spinach contain B-complex vitamins which improve liver function and promote liver decongestion. Vitamin B12 helps to metabolize fats and improves liver health.
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and lettuce contain glucosinolates which help the liver produce enzymes for detoxification.
Grapefruits are rich in antioxidants and help in natural detoxification of liver.
Bitter vegetables such as bitter gourd, dandelion greens, mustard greens and chicory promote the production and flow of bile.
Many factors determine whether the liver performs its critical functions well. Too much pressure on the liver from overeating rich or poor-quality food, environmental stresses, overwork or emotional stress can cause liver overload, leading to a decreased ability to clear toxins and hormones and manufacture bile. Foods which contain high levels of antioxidants help to protect the liver and keep it healthy while other foods cleanse the liver.

Hi..I don't have any great help/amazing answer here,but wanted to share something I hope may help a tad.I suffer from sever Lupus(auto immune disorder) I am no longer treatable with meds due to allergies.Anyways I am not saying you issue is guaranteed immunological BUT if it is the stress that we deal with(as in the fear of thinking daily WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME YIKES!!) can cause your body to go into over drive trying to "fix" it and that can exaggerate your symptoms as it does mine.Try and yes I know it sounds silly and sooo hard but please try and learn ways to TRY and breath ..do things that distract you from the weird things your body does if you can and talk..vent to friends or us :) It really helps..I am sure you understand how it is with anxiety I suffer also from them as I have PTSD(not from military such as yourself) and it can be a daily struggle at times if you bottle it all up and try and be strong..If you ever need to just talk or vent you can message anytime.I wish you the best and what Caryopteris said was great advice too ;)
try to seek visit to a specilized doctor Heptologist or gastroenterologist ,your problem may be of fungal infection any where in liver ,kidneys ,or intestines.or the lungs although you did spirgillosis tests which came -ve it is not conclusive of -v other fungal infection you have to know that also what is your simple tests urine ,stool,blood CBC.differential leucocytic count and blood chemicals liver functions, bilirubin, enzymes and more important a highly qualified evaluating  US abdomen seeking minimal changes OFF the normal anatomical limits which may be a clue for diagnosis start first with gastroentologist (speciallized in endemic diseases) with good high quality tests and abdominal US of high quality, then Hpatologist then endocrinologist , sputum culture in fungal infections is for majority of lung infection patients is -ve but blood tests advised by infectiuos diseases specialist is the reliable tests ,your problem may be also protozoal so the infectious diseases professional is the one you may need if gastroentrologist said its OK no disease
also seek endocrinologist for this episode of tacky cardia  and shortness of breath may be hormonal of the thyroid or supra renal gland* ,other signs may over looked by gastroenrologist and hepatologists
cadiologist after all tests and said No problem ,so don`t warry,beleive them,others need some evaluation specially gastrenterologists and infectiuos diseases specialist ,High antibiotics in fungal and protozoal and endocrinal problems dose not help specially that your stool is not stable may be some infestatation by some worms or protozoa of the gut  in gastroentestinal tract affecting also your liver,
keep an eye on HIV ........ do test