Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Arm Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Arm Pain

I am experiencing pain in my left arm. I am right arm dominant. The pain is mostly muscular and affects every muscle from the bottom of the shoulder to the wrist. It is not appear to be rotator cuff as the pain is not in my shoulder, I have no problem sleeping on it and can raise my arm easily over my head. Because I see a neurosurgeon for a small brain lesion, test have been performed, and it is not neurological. The pain is most severe when trying to carry anything with a bent arm....even trying to carry a cup of coffee can be excruciating. Went to an orthopedic for a foot issue, and he diagnosed rotator cuff, and I have been to a couple of physical therapy sessions. Not going back because I'm convinced it is not my rotator cuff. When I try to carry my 2 yr old grandson, the arm simply fails under the pain. I am a 56 yr. old. white female in good health, weighing 112 lbs.
Tags: arm pain

Remember, the rotator cuff is make up of 4 different parts, so you can tear or injure one and still have range of motion with minimal loss. However, when just one is damaged or torn it can be very painful(especially, when that move is tied to the particular damaged part of the cuff...such as picking something up with a bend in your elbow..), and the pain can radiate down the arm. You may also have some arthritis built up in the A.C. joint that the rotator cuff works around causing significant pain. If you are trying to avoid surgery then you can get cortisone injections right into the joint for 5-10 months of relieve. Honestly, you best bet is getting an MRI if that is within your means to see where the damage is and have it surgically fixed if needed. Based on the movement you say causes the most pain points to the infraspinatus, the second tendon of the rotator cuff, with some combined arthritis in the AC joint. Best part is that it can be repaired.

Best of luck  
this could be rheumatism or arthritis ..it may be agood idea to ask the doctor as there are meds today can help with inflamation (inflammation) good luck
I just posted the previous message but then I saw the many posts others have put up here and it is relevant to be able to read them .3 weeks ago I strated getting the same described pain in my left arm , feels muscular ..I thought rhumetism/arthritis ..but been doing some research..I am now thinking along virus lines ..or toxicity...we have had many chem trails in our skies and many toxins falling to the ground .No I am not nuts google it .,the toxins that have been found from the chemtrails can cause many ailments ..

Best of luck  
Saw orthopedic doctor today. After examining my arm and x-rays, he ordered MRI. Believes it is the distal bicep....torn or ruptured. ugh. Will find out results of MRI on Jan 4.
MRI shows 1/3 - 1/2 tear in distal bicep. Microsurgery would be difficult. Going for PRP tomorrow to stimulate stem cell repair....very interesting!