Arm pain ONLY when lying down (7 years)

I am a 25 year old female who had had constant arm pain ONLY when lying down or reclining. If the pain comes while lying down within 1 minute of sitting it goes away. This has been occuring for 7 years now. I have been to doctors about it and done everything from massage therepy to and EMG which revealed nothing. It comes and goes with how severe the pain is. One month it will be moderate and the next month I will be sitting in bed crying. It radiates all the way down my left arm, but is most prominate in my shoulder and upper arm. When my husband will massage my arm it will relieve the pain for a little while. I just have NO idea what it could be. if I am sitting or standing there is no pain at all. And the doctors are stumped. Any ideas??
I think it is more common in men, but sometimes chest pain can refer pain into the left arm.  Did they ever do an echocardiogram on you or checked to see if your heart skips beats or anything when you're lying down?

Have they considered cervical issues (neck position when laying)?
Back pain with referred pain to arm worse when sitting or lying down and feels better with movement is usually caused by ankylosing spondylitis. This is a genetic condition. Medicines, physiotherapy, exercises and drugs to suppress immunity are the mainstay of treatment.
A back pain with referred pain to arm that is worse on lying down or felt mainly on lying down can also be due to a tumor within the spinal cord. A neurological examination can pinpoint the site. A CT scan or a MRI will be surely required.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor (orthopedic specialist and a neurologist) . Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I also wonder if they ever did an MRI of the upper arm and shoulder?
A related discussion, Right upper arm pain when lyging down. was started.