Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Armpit Feels Bruised?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Armpit Feels Bruised?

Yetserday, I woke up and my right armpit felt sore. When you press on it, it feels as though it is bruised. I can't feel any lumps or anything & it looks identical to the other in the mirror, as well. When I grab the skin there and lightly pinch, it is sore - so I don't think it's the muscles beneath the skin. It's only really SORE when my shirt presses on it or I squeeze my arm towards my body.. And of course when I fiddle with it. The pain seems to fluctuate, sometimes I won't notice it at all and other times I'll squeeze my arm towards me and it'll be very noticeable. What could be causing this? The day before I noticed it, I went for a run for the first time in awhile (if that helps any) and I also used a different deoderant during the four days prior before switching back to my normal. But I've never had issues with deoderant before. Any suggestions are appreciated!

p.s. I also read stress can cause armpit pain .. weird .. but I have been pretty stressed lately.
1 Comment
sounds like you strained the muscles in your armpit or even just around it and you just feel it there. i have this happen to me a lot i workout all the time and when i got pregnant with my second kid my doctor did not want me to workout at all other than walking but not even much of that. then after i had my son and my six weeks was up i got the ok to start working out again but b/c i haven't done it in along time i did a couple of low impact workouts and for weeks after my body hurt all over i was so sore there wasn't a part in my body that didn't hurt. it hurt putting clothes on wearing clothes, sitting, eating, picking my kids up, holding my cell phone, getting in and out of the car, you name it. so most likely you should be sore for a little bit i also get the same armpit pain if i sleep on my arm wrong.