Asbestos related breathing trouble
My neighbours removed an asbestos fence today.
Shortly after they began I noticed difficulty in taking deep breaths and a certain tightness in the chest. Is there any chance that this is asbestos related?
I'm no expect but I'd say no. Asbestos is only dangerous if its broken. Did they actually break the panels when they removed them? Even then the work was carried out outside ie not in a confined space. You'd have to be in close proximity to have been affected by it with it being carried out outside. Also I'm not aware that you'd get breathing difficulties immediately after an exposure. Lastly, are you sure it was asbestos? Not aware they used asbestos in fence panels. So no I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reply!!
I am pretty sure it was asbestos and I am worried that they may not have been 100% careful.
If it is not asbestos what would be causing my breathing trouble?
It could be just plain old allergies or the start of a cold settling in your chest.  Or, you mind playing tricks on you because you believe the fence to be asbestos.  Ask the anxiety/OCD people how powerful the mind can become and what symptoms we can conjure up when we think about something too long.  

Asbestos symptoms don't show up for 20 to 50 years.  I agree with jampot260, nothing to worry about.  
I think you should be fine, you may be overthinking a connection to the asbestos removal.  Asbestosis usually occurs from several exposures and takes several years to manifest.  It could be an allergy or cold, given the season.
Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback! :D
The chances are about the same as being hit by a meteorite. Or maybe a date with Sandra Bullock. As others have mentioned it takes significant exposure to pulverized asbestos to cause a problem. This sounds like an isolated allergic asthmatic incident that will have no significant long lasting effects.