At wits end

So glad I stumbled on this site.  Two years and thousands of dollars later I am at my wits and moneys end and need some feedback.  

I am a 40 year old male..5 ft 8in apox 200 lbs.  of Italian and German decent. I have a congenital birth defect that required my right hip to be fused at the age of 14.  I do not drink alcohol or carbonated beverages and am well-versed in nutrition and fitness.  

Appox two years ago my energy levels started to drop and I started suffering from severe back and neck pain.  My appetite started to decrease yet my weight increased, dramaticly...from 170 to 225 in a shot time (6 months).  Severe shortness of breath and edema in my face, chest, legs and especially abdomen have set in.  I have reduced my calorie intake as I am no longer able to exercise 60 to 90 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.  In fact, a walk around the block is quite an undertaking.  My abdomen, legs, throat and face swell for no reason sometimes.  I am talking about significant swelling...my waistline will go from 38 to 42 inches and back in a matter of hours.  The swelling 'attacks' are coupled with intense back pain and aches in my knees, feet, elbows and neck.  There are days when taking a shower is difficult.   My bowel habits have changed allot too.  Stools are often large and difficult to clean.  My fatigue level is off the chart too.  

I have had several chest X rays, CAT scans, MRIs and a full LFT work up and nothing remarkable was discovered.  An endo ruled out Celiacs and Cushings (even tho the symptoms are similar).   The only thing in the bloodwork is that my SED rate is high.    

My money situation is getting dire thanks to copays and uncovered testing.  I have been on medical leave from my job as a flight attendant due to this.      Any advice on where to go next is appreciated.  Thanks.  

How are you?

Some of the possibilities for your symptoms are heart failure, chronic kidney disease, acute glomerulonephritis, nephritic syndrome, thyroid disease,excessive salt intake,very low albumin in body,lupus,scleroderma,rheumatoid arthritis,pituitary or adrenal tumors or malignancies and liver failure resulting from cirrhosis.

All of these possibilities need to be ruled out one by one to reach a confirmatory diagnosis.Has your doctor discussed these possibilities with you?
If not,then pls discuss these possibilities with your doctor.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Thank you for your response. I have seen three internists and an endocrinologist. I have had a number of blood tests for kidney and liver functions and they are all normal.  An MRI was done on my midsection and the kidney and liver appeared to be normal.  Thyroid tests are normal and rheumatism came back as negative. Chest x rays show normal lung and heart appearance.  I have not had an EEG or stress test.   I can not stand the taste of salt and am careful to read nutrition labels for sodium content.  

My internist wants to test for Lyme disease now.  She has also had me on 10mg of fluoxetine for the past year.    

One thing that I neglected to mention is sometimes I find these tiny skin tags on my chest and belly and the smell really bad.  Today is one of those days where the pain in my lower back feels like a knife is digging into my spine.  

I appreciate the help.  My insurance has run out and all my medical expenses are out of pocket now...so i really cant afford more dead ends.