Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Athlete's Foot & Swollen Ankle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Athlete's Foot & Swollen Ankle

I have had athlete's foot around the ring and middle toes, on both feet, for 4 days now. I started to treat it with some foot spray two days ago.
Also about two days ago, both of my ankles started to feel sore. I did not twist them in any fashion, nor have I done anything strenuous to make them sore (running, etc.)
This afternoon, I noticed that not only are both ankles still sore, but the inside of each ankle is now swollen, just below the ankle bone. The color is normal, and the rest of my foot has NOT swelled, but I worry if this may be connected to the athlete's foot. I do not have any history of problems with my ankles.

Can my swollen ankles be the result of athlete's foot?
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
If there is athelete’s foot, there is a chance that apart from the fungal infection, there is bacterial contamination. This can start a series of reaction causing local swelling and edema. The inside of the ankle joint is the first to swell. The fungal infection in this case would need a more aggressive treatment. Please consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
Thank you for the quick response. Your post was very informative.

THe athlete's foot has gotten much better. Unfortunately, the swelling at frst subsided, but came back today again. Both ankles are very painful. I am going to see a doctor tomorrow. For now, I'm just trying to stay off my feet.

I will keep you posted - thanks again!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank