Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
BRUISED RIB FROM UNDERWIRE BRA??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

BRUISED RIB FROM UNDERWIRE BRA??

About a week ago I got a new bra and the day I started wearing it, I developed some pain in the rib/s right under my left breast (directly where the underwire lies). I thought I might just need to adjust to the new bra so I wore it all week, despite the pain.  I finally gave up on it and haven't worn a bra for three days because of the pain.  It is painful to touch those areas and also painful to cough, laugh, breath, sneeze, etc.  I have a feeling it is a bruised rib, but any advice would be appreciated.  I have no other symptoms except for the pain right on that area.
I am not a doctor but it sounds like you might have a broken rib and should see a doctor.
Hi, several years ago, I had some unexplained pain that sent me to the hospital, and it was in the chest wall muscle and area where my bra wire sits, found out later I had costchondritis (chest wall inflammation)..longshot, but I thought this might help eliminate things for you.
i too have costachondritis,nothing they can do about it apart from have local injections,it is harmless unless it get infected by surgery,i don't wear an underwire bra and am only an aa size so that is not the cause for me,

it can last for weeks at a a time and go for months then suddenly return.
I have it too and no longer wear underwire bras. Mine was so bad a couple months ago, I had to switch to a sports bra. I have found using an ice pack on the area for 20 mon. 3 times a day and taking ibuprofen helps. For me, it took about 4 weeks to heal.

LInda J
Hello.  well this is easing my mind a little as I am going to be getting a chest x-ray tomorrow..the doctor wanted to rule out any type of tumour in my lung as that is how it feels when I breathe in..constantly sore..I put heat..every night. This is being going on for months.  I ONLY wear underwire bras..as I am very small breasted and like to look like I have some shape..I read your comments..and wondering if this is the same thing I am experiencing..

Patricia
I too was going to schedule an x-ray and am freaking out b/c this chest "soreness" has been going on since the summer when I wore a strapless underwire bra DAILY! I developed a bump where the bra hit and now have constant soreness that will not go away. I was worried I had a tumor too..... have you gotten any results/relief>
A related discussion, Broken Rib & Underwire Bra was started.