BURNING PAIN IN UNDER ARM LYMP NODE AREA
I have a burning pain in the area of the under arm lymp node -- on both sides, but more severe on the right side.  I am worried -- I do not notice a lump or swelling -- I have changed soaps, and I know in most instances breast cancer does not hurt -- I had occasionally had a deep pain - ache in the right breast -- I am a female 62 years old.    Why is the pain on both sides?  Please help me.  What is your best opinion of what it is    Thank you
I agree that breast cancer can present this way, and I would indeed investigate for lymph nodes in the armpit area.

I would suggest a mammogram, as well as imaging the axillary lymph nodes.  The latter test can be done with an ultrasound and/or CT scan.

If there is a presence of a mass or lymph node, I would suggest a surgery referral to discuss a possible biopsy.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
www.twitter.com/kevinmd