Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Back Pain, right side pain and frothy urine

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have having pain in my right side starting in the back on right side and then it comes around the front and shoots down into the groin area.

My urine smells very strong,is frothy and is very dark yellow.

She keeps saying it is IBS but has not done more testing.

I have had the pain for 2 weeks now and it is so bad.......it wakes from a sound sleep.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Sounds like a kidney stone. Scroll downn and read the other kidney stone posts. You need an IVP test. Also look up "foamy urine". This will give you ideas of related illnesses.
Avatar n tn
I also should add that I have had 2 urninary trac infections in less than 3 months and blood in the urine (not visible to me).
I just received a requisition for blood work.......can't read primary Diagnosis but......it ask for a CBC +PLT and a Sedimentation Rate.

Any idea what she is checking for?

Thank you!
CBC is complete blood count. This usually evaluates for any type of infection, or response by your immune system. Sedimentation rate (SED-rate) checks for inflamation (inflammation). PLT, I don't know - maybe platelets? Just a wild guess. I was repeatedly misdiagnosed with UTI's before my first stone was found. However, a bad UTI can cause kidney pain.