Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Back of head feels funny (pressure)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Back of head feels funny (pressure)

i am a 16 year old male... experiencing pressure in the back of my head. i am kind of a hypochondriac and am worried what exactly i have. my worries are that the pain could range from stress to anxiety to a brain tumor. iam preety scared of the outcomes... and what it could be. i dont really have any side effects except pressure in the back of my head. help
I have the same problem; I have been to the mayo clinic in Minnesota. They could find nothing wrong. This could be stress related or even allergy related. I wouldn't worry too much about a brain tumor; you would experience vision problems along with nausea and some neurological problems. I would consult a Doctor so you can ease your mind.
I've got the same thing as you do  and it freaks me out and im scared to go to the doctors incase they find something that isn't meant to be there
Thanks for writing to the forum!

You should not worry so much. It could be something as simple as neck strain due to overuse of computers or studying for long hours at your desk. Try some neck exercises preferably under a physiotherapist.

Get your blood pressure checked. If you remain too stressed out, try yoga and aerobics. Sleep for 7-8 hours at night.

Brain tumors will cause a number of other symptoms as well.

Hope these tips help. If symptoms persist please consult your PCP. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for posting this thread patrick, what you said made me feel better that i'm not going crazy :) Hello i'm an 18 year old guy and I have had this same problem for about 2 weeks now and everytime i swallow or move my jaw my ears pop. The pressure at the back of my head/neck is SO huge i feel like i'm going to start moving things with my mind lol. No but i'm serious about this i'm not kidding, i'm going to visit my GP in about an hour from now i hope it's not a tumour! If it was i'm sure i would feel rather sick but it's just in the back of head/neck region not hurting but just a realy annoying feeling i'm having trouble concerntrating and stuff. i recently did a Pineal gland awakening exercise a few weeks before i think the pressure might be related to that? Maybe the gland is getting bigger or swelling etc. Normally the pineal gland feels like a magnet or feather gently pulling in between your eyebrows but now it feels like it's got out of control because i'm not too sure what's going on inside my head... Comments and help much welcome.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your symptoms do point towards TMJ. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Please read through this link for home care therapies and massages: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001227.htm
“Try massaging the various muscles that may be involved. Probe all of the muscles of the face, shoulders, and back of the neck. (Avoid the area around the throat.) Press on the muscles to identify extremely painful points. Massage the painful spot with hard, slow, short strokes. Do this several times a day until the muscle is no longer painful when pressed.
To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek (toward the back of your mouth) with your fingers. To get at the harder-to-reach jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe for tender areas behind the teeth, and use the finger to massage these spots.
Other home-care therapies, such as moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Exercising several times each week may help you relax, strengthen your body, increase flexibility, and increase your ability to handle pain.
Read as much as you can, as opinion varies widely on how to treat TMJ disorders. Get several doctor's opinions. The good news is that most people eventually find something that helps.”

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hey thanks for the advice lady, the massarging the cheek muscles worked fine.