Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Back of throat "bubbly" with white spots on side, back of ton...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Back of throat "bubbly" with white spots on side, back of tongue "bubbly"

Okay, quick background - a few weeks ago, I went to the clinic because of coughing, general feeling of illness, fever, etcetera. It had lasted for a week and a half already, and I was tired of it. When I get in the clinic they look in my mouth and find that my throat, which had been quite sore and painful, was a red mess with white stuff on the sides, way in the back. I took antibiotics for five days and the feeling of illness and so forth went away, however though the throat was no longer sore and didn't look as bad, it was still not quite alright. For the last week or two, I haven't thought much of it, but I check again today because the back of my tongue is irritated and wouldn't you know it, it's still kind of a mess. There's only a tiny bit of that white spot deal left on the sides of the back of my throat, however now I've got pronounced sort of bubbles in the back of my tongue which are slightly sore. I think I might also have a few of these bubbles or lumps in the back of my throat. This is, I think understandably, starting to worry me and I'd like to hear anything about what this might be and how I should treat it.

Thanks.
Tags: spots, Oral, thrush
Hi it sounds to me like youve got oral thrush I had a bout a while back and boy was it awful. My gp precribed diflucan (i think it was called) which is an oral tablet. Natural yougurt helps as well to ease the sorness and dampen the thrush down. You can buy it over the counter at your chemist but ask the pharmacist what they think first of go back to your dr . Thats the only thing I can think of but it sures sounds like thrush to me. Crystaly
Interesting, thanks for that I'll have to look into it.

Side note; I should correct myself a little bit - bubbly isn't quite the right word, it's more bumpy.
hi um i read your story because i was having this problem and i noticed that the person who left you the last comment said it might be oral thrush well my mom is a dentist and she knows about the ilness and she showed my photos and its not very bumpy and i saw the pics and it looks like mold in your mouth and sometimes the sores bleed so im not really sure if that is wat you have
                         sincerly, lexi!