Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Back of throat is swollen

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Back of throat is swollen

Woke up two times because i had difficulty breathing.   This morning when I got up my throat felt funny when I look into the mirror  the back of my throat is swollen barely leaving any room for me to breath, am so scare right now i tried gargling with warm water and salt. I also made an appointment with an ENT doctor the sad news it wont be until two weeks time.
Dont wait to weeks that is ridiculous,is there an emergency sit and wait at your doctors,it sounds like you have a really bad throat infection or maybe quincy which needs treatment now to clear up.
I agree you should not wait.  Any time there is difficulty breathing (especially if you have a visibly swollen throat as well), that is definitely a medical emergency.

You need to either get in to see your primary care doctor IMMEDIATELY, or go to the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility.

This could be a throat infection, virus, allergic reaction - any number of things, but it's most definitely NOT something to mess around with waiting on an appointment time two weeks away!

Please, go right away and get checked out.

Hope you feel better!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Please rush to an ER immediately as this could be a medical emergency. The swelling can be due to an allergic reaction. Take an antihistamine and rush to ER. Other than that it can be acid burn due to acid reflux, bad case of pharyngitis too. Do not take chances. Take care!