Back pain
About 3 years ago I was stabbed in the back 3 times.  I had a collapsed lung that was treated and fixed.  After the incident I did not have any pain but now three years later I am suffering from severe back pain.  Is it possible that the pain is being caused by my old wounds?  I have no insurance.  If I splurge out of pocket for a doctor what tests will likley be done to determine the cause of my pain?  If it is determined that it is from the stab wounds what would be the treatment,surgery, or pain management?  What painkillers will I likley be prescibed?
Where in the back is the location of the pain?

It likely depends on how conservative the doctor is about ordering tests and how aggressive you are on what you want them to order.  I wonder if any of the pain is being caused by adhesions/build up scar tissue?  They may want to do a chest x-ray to look at your lungs.  Medication for pain management highly varies & you should look around for the best pain management doctor in your area if that's where the first doctor you go to thinks you need to go, one who hopefully is conservative in trying the least expensive, least addictive, least kidney, liver, and GI tract damaging medication they feel will help ease the pain.