Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bad chest pains, lower stomach pains, and headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Recently i have been have bad chest pains, for almost a week now, but when i went to the emergency room, they said that i looked fine, and just checked my heart rate, and didnt do a chest x ray. Im only 18, so no one thinks that it is serious, but its bothering me to the point where i cant sleep on my chest or at night period. I've also been having to take deep breaths lately, because it feels as if i just need too, and i've been having shortness of breathe also...all at the same time. My chest doesnt hurt severly when i push on it, but it rotates and hurts sometimes when i breathe in, and then sometimes not....its really starting to scare me.And i can feel my heart beating with out even touching it, like its pounding at times, feeling like it might be stopped up or something, but i may just be reading toooo many internet "diagonsis" that are scaring me??. And i've also been having pains underneath my chest, and on my left side. What could possibly be wrong with me???
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i do not smoke nor drink, and im an 18 year old female
Are you still living with your parents?  Have you spoken to them (or any other reliable adult in your life) about this problem?  The ER isn't a good place to go for in-depth examination.  Their job is to get you stable enough to be discharged, or admitted if you need further treatment.  Since you were stable, they had to discharge you.  

You need to start with a family practice doc and see what he says.  It sounds like you have a fair amount of anxiety, and that can lead to the symptoms you're having.  You may also have reflux  - GERD.  That can cause some really weird chest pains and shortness of breath.  My boss suffered from severe reflux and anxiety both for several years, and convinced himself he was dying of heart disease.  The cardiologist told him month after month that it really wasn't his heart.  Same thing happened with my husband before I convinced him to see a gastroenterologist.  Guess what?  Both men had severe GERD and no heart problems.

And yes, I think you've spent too much time on the internet trying to diagnose yourself.  You need to see a regular doctor in a clinic setting.  If you don't have insurance, try an urgent care facility (Doc in the Box) instead of the ER.  It's less expensive, the wait isn't as long, and if you find a good facility, you'll get just as good care as you would from anywhere else.