Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bad muscle knot in neck

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bad muscle knot in neck

For a long while now I've had a variety of symptoms, one of which is what was deduced to be  a severely knotted neck.  I do not have  a lot of actual neck pain, but do get bad tension headaches with nausea, and have a very sensitive area at the base of my skull.  When pressured it feels terrible and almost makes me nauseated.  At first I could have swore it was a cyst or something, but had an mri and it was normal.  So it was deduced to be bad muscle tension.  

Have been doing neck stretches, physiotherapy, massage therapy, but cannot seem to get it to where it should be.  Anyone else have this kind of thing? I think some of it may be caused by my fundoplication surgery which may be affecting my breathing (causing shallower breaths), but also some of it is due to stress.

As for injuries, I had a sore neck for a while a few years ago after being in an altercation, but it went away at the time.

It is amazing how many other problems a stiff neck alone can cause.
if you've already consulted a regulary physician, you might want to see a chiropractor.  i tend to get knots in my neck and shoulders, and chiropractic care has helped me over the years.  good luck :)
Avatar n tn
Chiro's are the best.  Took away my headaches completely.