Bad tasting fingers, lips
I've noticed when licking my fingers (when turning a book page) they taste awful, I washed my hands several time and still the same foul taste, as though I just handled some asprin and didn't wash my hands?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since the taste persists even on washing your hands well it could be due to bad taste in mouth it self. Do you feel an altered taste sensation or a bad taste even when you do not lick your fingers?
If the taste is there only when you flip the pages and lick the finger to do so, then this could be due to the taste of paper itself. If you feel it only on licking the fingers and not otherwise, then rule out diabetes.
The commonest reason for aspirin like taste in mouth is due to dehydration. Drink plenty of water and see. Sjogren’s syndrome causes dryness of mouth and salty taste. Post nasal drainage as seen in allergies and sinusitis is another cause. It could also be an abnormal perception of bitter taste called dysgeusia.
Hope this helps. I think you should It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!