Big blue veins in hand
My hands hurt and the veins are big and blue. I am recouping 8 mo now from a cut on my palm. But both hands hurt . I have a doc appt 2 weeks away. Should I go sooner?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you had a cut in your hand and now have swollen bulging veins then it could be due to inflammation of the veins or thrombophlebitis. It can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, faulty deep veins’ valves and high blood pressure. If possible consult the doctor earlier.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi doc, thanks for writing. Here is my update:
I went to the walk-in clinic here where i first had my hand stitched 8 months ago to tell them about the painful and swollen veins. The doc there sent me for some blood tests for:
glucose, thyroid and RA factor amont others. So I don't know what he is fishing for but will chek back here to let you know what they find out. But I had another idea. I had forgotten I burned the vein on the hot oven shelf last week which could have also inflamed the vein.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.