Hi i like other people on here seem to have this bitter tasting skin , ( last 3 days ) really don't want to lick my lips put my fingers near my mouth , but was wondering have any of you had a diagnosis for what this can be ??.
I don't use canned air to clean my keyboard either .
I was using dumbell's last night and my son shortly after, he wiped his lips after having a drink and couldn't believe the bitterness he tasted .
So guys any help appreciated as its weekend and will take me about 5 days to get appointment at docs and i am concerned cheers .
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Bitter taste in mouth is a common side effect of many medications. It could be due to infection of gums or cavities in teeth. It could also be an abnormal perception of bitter taste called dysgeusia. GERD and heart burn too cause bitter taste in mouth. Post nasal drip as in sinusitis, salivary glands infection, pharyngitis or strep infection too are common causes. Certain dentures and artificial tooth or filling of dental cavities too give a metallic taste. Sjogren’s syndrome and copper or lead toxicity are other possibilities.
First of all drink water and see. Have citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They help in washing away the bitter taste by producing more saliva. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. It will help in lessening the taste. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste. Increase fibers in the diet. Eat fresh things like apples that are crunchy or rough things like popcorn scrapes the white debris off the tongue.
If all this does not help, do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Thanks for the reply but this is not a mouth problem its all over my skin my fingers head and general secreation through the skin , with slight dry mouth .
I will be going to see Doctor A.S.A.P was just worried as people tell me cancer gives this affect out of the pores ,
Well i will just have to hope all is good cheers ,
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.