Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bladder cramps?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bladder cramps?

I am a 32 yr old female and I suffer from frequent urination. Sometimes when i HAVE to hold my urine,and my bladder " cramps",it is very painful and the "cramping" lasts for several hours up to a couple of days. Is this a serious problem or is it due to age, and motherhood? I have been to my family Dr and he treated me for UTI. The "cramping" does not happen often, but when it does it makes it almost impossible for me to even stand up straight. PLease shed some light and help, Thank you.
there are a number of conditions that will cause your symptoms. There are some new specialists called uro-gynecologists who specialist in problems with women's urinary bladders. Many times the problems can be corrected with medications. See one of these specialists. Good luck
i have the answer for you it is called interstitial cystitis very common in women i have it i know how it feels it is very under diagnosed and whe i found out what i had and it was not all in my head i was relieved i have now on medication for it and my life is livable not like it used to be like scoping out where is the nearest bathroom is please talk to a uro about this they are the ones who can help and it will be worth your troubles
You mentioned you were on medication for interstitial cystitis.  Could you tell me what it is?  I have been on every medication for over-active bladder in the past three years and none have worked.  My urologist now thinks I may have interstitial cystitis.  I want my life back, maybe you can help.