Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bleeding Tonsil
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding Tonsil

I woke up yesterday with my right tonsil bleeding.  It bleed for about 15 minutes before slowing down and eventually stopping.  Since yesterday, it has seemed to heal and look normal.  I have noticed that my right tonsil is slighty larger than my left and also hard to the touch.  Early in the week I developed a sore throat and stuffy nose that lasted a couple days and then went away.  I am worried about the bleeding and hard tonsil, since the only information I've been able to find to explain these problems is tonsil cancer.  My first instinct is to see an ENT asap to be sure, but I am also recieveing a new health insurance from my work March 1, and worry about the possibility of being diagnosed with something serious before this health care switch is made.  Is this something I should be worried about and see a doctor asap?  What are the chances that this could be tonsil cancer?  I am a 27 year old male who has never smoked and does not drink often.