Bloating/Fluttering in Abdominal
On Thanksgiving (prior to eating anything) while cooking I began to feel "FUNNY". I just didn't feel good.  I felt fatigued and almost faint like.  Later I noticed I felt very bloated almost pregnant like.  I was having some belching but nothing unusual and no changes in bowels.  Since that time I've continued to have to bloating....off and on.  Also fluttering in my abdominal on different sides..again I can compare it to how it feels when I was pregnant.  I felt maybe my bloating was pre-menstrual.  I had my cycle and I continue to have the same symptoms.  I can wake up and feel bloated and it doesn't matter whether I eat or drink.  I don't notice any change after having a bowel movement either.  What could be the problem?

Bloating is any abnormal general swelling, or increase in diameter of the abdominal area. As a symptom, the patient feels a full and tight abdomen, which may cause abdominal pain sometimes accompanied by borborygmus.

Common causes for abdominal bloating are:

* Overeating (gastric distension)
    * Lactose intolerance, fructose intolerance and other food intolerances
    * Food allergy
    * Aerophagia (air swallowing, a nervous habit)
    * Irritable bowel syndrome
The symptom of bloating can be well managed through dietary changes that prevent the over-reaction of the gastrocolic reflex. Having soluble fiber foods and supplements, substituting dairy with soy or rice products, being careful with fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in insoluble fiber, and eating regular small amounts can all help to lessen the symptoms. Foods and beverages to be avoided or minimized include red meat, oily, fatty and fried products, dairy (even when there is no lactose intolerance), solid chocolate, coffee (regular and decaffeinated), alcohol, carbonated beverages, especially those also containing sorbitol, and artificial sweeteners.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you need any more help.