Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bloating of stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bloating of stomach

I noticed that after I was diagnosed to having two blocked arteries, I experienced this bloating of my
stomach (from 32 inches its now 38 1/4 inches) in just about five months. I am also taking maintenance
medicines for my heart, high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes. My doctor did not say anything
about my problem when asked. Can you please help me with my problem. What is also irritating is I
have difficulty in breathing every time I bend. Thank you.

jimmy828

This discussion is related to Swelling of stomach,over eatting, abdominal pain,nausea,shortness if breath,blotting.
Jimmy you don't say if your appetite and your diet is poor or normal, or if you are overweight.  What are they doing about your blocked arteries, I am assuming you mean in your heart yes?  If your stomach is larger, then you will have difficulty in bending over, due to that very reason, the diaphragm and enlarged tummy presses on the base of your heart and lungs and "squishes" them into a smaller space than normal so yes you would have difficulty in breathing when you bend over.
Might I suggest you see a dietian/nutritionalist to ensure you are eating properly to aid your health, or you can explore the internet to find the best kind of daily diet you should be eating to help you tackle the problems you have. I am not sure if you are in the US or Europe, but the American Heart Association has great tips for people like yourself to stay healthy so you don't need more and more medications and have the control within yourself to gain better health through diet and exercise. Always check with your health professional prior to exercising and especially now you have blocked arteries, although you haven't specified where,nor have you said if any  other parts of your body were swollen. I wish you good health and take good care of yourself
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Bloating of stomach could be due to some medicines you are taking. This could be causing acidity that causes pain on bending. It can also be due to IBS, Celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, lactose intolerance, parasites in gut like giardiasis etc, liver dysfunction and gall bladder issues. Please consult a gastroenterologist. Ask your cardiologist if it could be side effect of some medication you are taking. Also find out if there is any dilatation of heart.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you mctutums for your quick response regarding my problems. Yes, my heart has a blocked arteries. I guess its not about a diet that makes my tummy bloat because my food intake is very minimal and within dietary requirements. I am from the Philippines. I am seeing my doctor again tomorrow and see if I can get a good answer from her. I'll catch up with you if I don't. Again, thank you so much for your advise and time.
Thank you for your advice. I think I will just do what you suggested.
You need to help your body to build up your immune system.The breathing exercises - pranayam is a holistic approach creating extra oxygen supply in the body and will slowly help with the health problem and the blocked arteries.Do the pranayam to see the benefits.If you feel tired or dizzy stop, and resume after 1 minute.Build up your timing slowly and after two weeks at the suggested duration you will start to notice benefits.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.  Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 10 times

Come back to report how you feel after doing the pranayam for 3 weeks, and do continue it.