Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood, tissue and mucas in stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Blood, tissue and mucas in stool

I have been having bloating, slight stomach cramping and  terrible smelling gas which releases blood and mucas when I pass it. These symptoms have been coming and going for the past 2 months after I had anal sex one time with my husband. I am concerned because the condition is getting worse. It comes and goes but now it is less controlable. I am afraid to pass gas unless I am on the toilet. I have had big clumps of bloody, mucas looking tissue coming out with bowel movements sometimes this is all the comes out. I did go to the doctor for something else and he said I did have a small tear in my anal area. he gave me some steriod things but I tried them 2 times and saw no difference. I also seem constipated as well but with the other stuff coming out no matter what.  Could this be a colon tear?
If you have bleeding from the rectum this needs further investigations right away.
You need to tell your GP off the bleeding, from the rectum, and tell him his steroid cream hasnt worked.
Go back, as your GP should be requesting further testing if your bleeding from the rectum.
Its hard to say if this is a tear in the rectum, but either way it needs evaluating, and further testing.
Good luck
Keep me posted
Nicola
I agree- GET TO THE DOCTOR ASAP. A gastroenterologist needs to see you not just a GP. You need a specialist's exam and to have either a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy to rule out several possibilites. What you are describing is NEVER normal. Something has caused it and you need to find out whether it was anything as simple as your sexual escapade resulting in the anal fissure , hemorrhoids (internal can rupture) or cancerous tissues. I have hemorrhoids due to childbirth and pregnancies and I do get anal fissures but NEVER have I had anything like you are describing. All the medical literature will tell you that if you have red blood and mucus in your stools to GET TO THE DOCTOR. A  gynecological visit would be in order also.
Do both of those right away. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
probably, anal sex is very dangerous, you need to tell your doctor what you did so he can fix it